10/08/2019

Hell of a writer's block.

For quite a few months now I've been struggling badly with a writer's block. I tried quite a few things to get rid of it but it doesn't seem like anything's helping. And the worst part is that it's not only that the inspirstion dried out, I cannot motivate myself to do anything when it comes to my writing. I've got a few stories which are finished, in need of editing and submitting. But because they are slightly different from what I normally write they do not qualify for my regular publisher. That would mean either finding a different publisher or self-publishing. Just thinking of that is daunting to me right now. 
I could find excuses as to why I'm not writing. But the honest truth is... I don't know. I sit down to write and after a few sentences my mind will drift off. I catch myself, write a few more sentences and the same thing happens. I really don't know what the solution is. For now I decided to focus on this odd little story that came to me a few months back. It's very different from my usual writing. A series of short stories focusing on this young guy. It shows snippets of his life from childhood to young-adult years. There is no romantic interest in the ones I've written up till now, and I'm not even sure whether he's gay, straight or asexual. It seems sex isn't that important to him, so maybe demi-sexual? Anyway, because the stories are short it seems much easier to focus on than a full length one. Less intimidating in my current state of mind. 
Other things I tried to get over this block is doing some other creative stuff: drawing and photography. it often sparks my imagination, alas as of yet I had no luck. Still, I'd like to share some of these with you. 


1 comment:

  1. I like the griffin and the photos are great. I think you just need to get out off your head and let it come to you when you're ready. Don't get me wrong I really want to read all the books you haven't finished yet and I'm not the most patient person ever but there is no reason for you to drive yourself nuts or wreak your health. If you decide to self publish I would love to buy them all but I pretty much only buy kindle books off of Amazon. Good luck and I hope you find whatever you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete