03/04/2020

Self isolation

The world's gone crazy. A tiny little virus is affecting the whole global population. A pandemic has more than health consequences. It affects our way of life, economy, practically every aspect of human life. 
Even though the company I'm working for is still open, they were forced to send some people on the government funded scheme of Furlough. You still get paid 80% of your wages but are required to NOT work for the company. How crazy is that? Government paying people to not work? I don't believe it's ever happened in history of mankind before. Still, it is what it is and we must all do our best to slow down the spread of this virus. Personally, and I do feel a little bad about it, I'm glad to be at home. I am one of these fortunate people who live in the countryside, surrounded by nature. It's calm, peaceful and a big contrast to constant human interaction at work. Right now I'm sitting outside listening to and observing the birds. 
The other plus of my enforced time off is being able to write. Finding time and energy to do it while working 45+hrs week is almost impossible for me. But now I've got two months to finish all the projects that I have started and never found time to complete. 
Aside from my current Reality book I'm working on (Jack's story) I do have a few others finished and not edited. They do not fit the guidelines of my current publisher and dealing with them was more effort than I was capable of for a long time. Maybe, just maybe, this forced time off will be just what I need to decide what I really want to do with my professional life. My job isn't a dream one, but it does pay the bills. But do I really want to continue as I am, mentally tired all the time and unable to write? Maybe it's time to weigh my priorities once again.

But to finish on a more happy note below is some peaceful countryside for everyone to enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment