31/08/2020

Lockdown, writing etc.

 I'm sure the coronavirus pandemic has been a strange time for us all. Personally being stuck on furlough (off work but still being paid 80% of my wages) for four months would have been so much more difficult if not for my writing. As it was I managed to accomplish quite a few things. 

  • Finished and published Real Love - next book in Reality series.
  • Managed to self publish my first book - The Mage - first in my new Into The Wilds series.
  • Started writing the second one of Into the Wilds books.
It's all terribly exciting but just as all this was happening I got a call from work telling me I was being made redundant. Thankfully, I didn't end up jobless in the middle of the pandemic. The company managed to start a new contract and offered me a different job position. While I'm grateful and feeling very fortunate that I still have a job, I also can't help but be a little sad at the timing. All the training for the new role distracted me from the excitement of having my newest two books published. Still, this quiet time to focus on my writing did me some good. It reenergized my imagination and helped motivate me. With a little bit of luck, I'll keep my stride and won't falter again anytime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment